We all need those meals that can be assembled at the end of the day with minimal time and effort. This is one of those meals. So quick and easy, healthy and delicious….what more could we want! Roast chicken and vegetables looks and tastes like you spent on a long time on it, but can be prepared very quickly.
In this post I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts as they were on sale, but have also made it with bone-in chicken breasts with the same delicious results, I just add a few more minutes on the cook time. This is delicious with onions, zucchini, carrots, etc. I often use a mixture, but on this day I only used potatoes and peppers. I had some fresh rosemary that I needed to use up, and fresh herbs are delicious in this roasted type meal, but if you don’t have any on hand, use dried basil, or whatever herb you prefer.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried basil or fresh herbs
- salt and pepper
- ¼ C olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon, or 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bag of baby potatoes or whole potatoes cubed
- Assorted mixed vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400F.- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice and minced garlic together
- Lay chicken breasts on your parchment paper and brush olive oil mixture on both sides of the chicken
- Toss the potatoes and vegetables in the remaining oil and arrange around the chicken
- Sprinkle entire pan with salt and pepper, dried basil or any fresh herbs you may have on hand, such as rosemary
- Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes depending on if your chicken has bones in it (bone-in takes a bit longer to cook)
Have some teenagers at home? This is a great dinner they can handle on their own, or at least prep the vegetables for you. Simple recipe with basic ingredients, ready in under an hour. One pan roasted dinners are quickly becoming one of my favorite weeknight meals.